Para Athlete Funding Criteria
Athletes will qualify for Athlete Stipends and EAHI based on overall point totals from the current IBSA point ranking rosters (based on the quarterly IBSA point rankings review period) as outlined in the pay scale below:
Payments to be made quarterly and processed the last week of: February, May, August & November.
All quarterly payments to be determined by the 15th of the month and based on IBSA Ranking per below:
- Top US IBSA point earner as of the review date - $2000 / quarter
- Second highest US IBSA point earner as of the review date - $1500 / quarter
- Third highest US IBSA point earner as of the review date - $1000 / quarter
- All eligible athletes must maintain a Top-15 IBSA Ranking
- If a tie occurs between the top four point earners, then the tie breaker will be determined by the higher ranked athlete on the National Ranking Roster.
- January 1- June 30: Athletes named to the 2020 National Team will maintain EAHI eligibility if they are actively training and competing with the intent to qualify for the 2024 Paralympic Games.
- July 1- Dec. 31: Any athlete ranked in the Top-15 of the IBSA Rankings, as of July 1st, will be eligible for EAHI.