Senior Criteria for breaking of ties: In the event there are two or more athletes with identical numbers of points, within the same category of competition, the following protocol shall be utilized to rank such athletes.
- The athlete with the highest point totals on the IJF Ranking List in use at the time of the need to break the tie (Olympic Ranking List or World Ranking List).
- If a tie still exists after applying “1”, the athlete with the most international points as reflected from the USA Judo Ranking roster in use at the time of the need to break the tie.
- If a tie still exists after applying “1” and “2” the highest medalist at the previous USA Judo Senior National Championships.
- If a tie still exists after applying “1”, “2”, “3” the result from the most recent head-to-head competition at a C level event or higher going back no more than 12 months.
- If the above fails to provide criteria for breaking a tie, the High Performance Committee shall be responsible for selection of athletes, male and female.