2023 Morris Cup
$4000 IN PRIZE MONEY!
Oct 8, 2023 - Oct 8, 2023 | Burnt Hills, NY, USA
- Date: * Sunday * Kata & Shiai Competition October 8, 2023
- Venue: Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake High School
- Address: 88 Lake Hill Rd., Burnt Hills, NY 12027
Comfort Inn & Suites
Address: 168 Sacandaga Rd • Scotia • NY 12302
Morris Cup Judo rate only $99 breakfast included
Address: 2788 Hamburg St. • Schenectady • NY 12303
Morris Judo rate $89 cont. breakfast included • Indoor pool
Jason Morris and Teri Takemori
** USA Judo National Referee Evaluation/Testing Site **
Open to current USA Judo, USJF, USJA or ATJA members.
Membership sign up available on site on day of tournament
5 years of age or older
Saturday: 4 – 8pm at Jason Morris Judo Center 584 Saratoga Rd. Glenville, NY
Athletes fighting more than one division only needs to weigh-in once for same weight!
Athletes moving up a higher weight division, does so at their own risk and does not need to
The tournament directors reserve the right to make any changes they deem necessary to insure the
safety and fairness to all competitors.
Sr. Elite, Masters, Brown belts, & Novice • Cadet
Juniors & IJF (approx.)
Registration will be handled online at Smoothcomp.com or mail-in you entry form (see Entry Packet below).
Registration Packet to include:
- Entry form
- Certificate for Non-Black belt contestants
- Signed Waiver
- Copy of USJI/USJF/USJA/ATJA membership card
- Checks payable to: Jason Morris Judo Center • 575 Swaggertown Rd. • Glenville • NY • 12302
$80 per person - $25 for second division
Late fee: $90 and $35 for second division
No Spectator Fee
- True Double Elimination through Smoothcomp
- IJF Modified Contest Rules & “Golden Score” (Overtime)
- No Chokes under 13 yrs
- No Arm locks in 14 and under divisions
- No Arm locks or chokes in Novice
- Blue & White gis required for Elite divisions
- All Juniors, Novice & Masters must bring a white and blue belts
- Cadet, IJF Junior & Senior Elite must have a properly fitted White & Blue gi
$250 Prize money for winners of the men and women elite divisions (Olympic weight classes only). A division must have at least 5 competitors to qualify for prize money. Competitors who desire to win money and who do not have enough competitors in their division may move up to the next weight class.
$500 Total Prize money for the Junior Team 1st & 2nd Place Champions!
Contact information for the