Worcester Judo Tournament
Hosted by: Worcester Martial Arts Academy
Nov 11, 2023 - Nov 11, 2023 | Worcester, MA, USA
Worcester Martial Arts Academy
333 Shrewsbury Street, Worcester, MA 01604
Regular Pricing: $35
Judo players age 13 or older, currently members of USA Judo (USJI) or ATJA. Please show your membership card at registration.
Age Standards: Age 4 and Up
- Competitors and coaches will need to present a valid USA Judo, USJA, USJF or ATJA membership
Everyone is Welcome!
All registrations will be online at smoothcomp.com
THERE IS NO WALK-UP
In order to accommodate everyone comfortably, we ask that you arrive only 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
- 9:00 am (Adults)
- 10:00 am (Ages 4-8)
- 11:30 am (Ages 9-12)
- 1:00 pm (Ages 13-16)
Doors will open at 8:30am and the tournament will start promptly at 9:00am. Please note there is NO WALK-UP REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT.
We will do our best to keep junior athletes grouped by age, weight, and rank All ages 4-6 years old will be grouped into divisions of up to 4, and all will receive a medal.
The Tournament Director reserves the right to modify the divisions/entries to best serve the participants.
Below is a list of rules that are being modified from the IJF Rule Set.
The event guarantees athletes at least 2 matches or their entry fee will be refunded.
Tournament directors have the right to modify any IJF Rule they deem necessary during the event.
These events are designed to give the best possible experience for the athlete. Coaches and referees should work together to create a positive experience for athletes.
The focus of these events is the development and the emphasis is on positive judo (Throws, Pins, Armlocks, Chokes).
- Refs for kids (U13) matches should be at least a brown belt in judo. Refs for ages 13+ should be at least a black belt in judo.
- 1 Ref per mat area. No Care system is used at the events.
Coaching is encouraged at all times during the matches.
What does it mean to coach your athlete:
- All comments from the coach should be geared towards helping your athlete perform a judo technique.
- As long as coaches are being a positive influence over the athlete, they will be encouraged to continue coaching.
All competitors must wear a properly fitting gi.
Participants May Wear...
- Any color (white, blue, black)
- Any patches/embroidery can be worn as long as it does not hinder opponents ability to grab judo gi
Event Director: Luis Soto 417-597-4517
Head Referee: Miki Takemori