2023 Future Stars Judo Championships
Dec 10, 2023 - Dec 10, 2023 | Rainier, WA, USA
Ippon Judo Dojo, American Judo, and the Northwest Judo Yudanshakai invite all Judokas to the Future Stars Judo Championships 19. This regional tournament is sanctioned by USA Judo and sponsored by Tacoma South Sound Sports and Ippon Judo Dojo, Inc. We thank you in advance for your support and participation, and we look forward to seeing each of you on the mat!
Venue: Rainier Martial Arts Center
Address: 307 Centre St South Rainier, WA 98576
Format: Round Robin for all divisions
Age Standards: Age 4 to 16
Rank: White, White/Yellow & Yellow Belts Only
This event is open to USA Judo Members
All NON-USA Judo Members may participate with a completed waiver through Smoothcomp
Normal through December 4th at 11:59pm: $55
Late through December 7th at 11:59pm: $70 (LAST DAY TO REGISTER!)
Second Division: $25
Tournament Directors: Jason Harai, John Harai, Byron Redditt
Registration & Brackets: Riley McIlwain (American Judo)
Chief Referee: Mike Hiatt
All States are Welcome!
THERE IS NO WALK-UP REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT!
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS
Questions? Email Riley McIlwain at email@example.com.
Below is a list of rules that are being modified from the IJF Rule Set.
Round Robin for all divisions.
- Two (2) minute match times for U6, U8, U10, U12.
- Three (3) minute match times for U14, U16
- Wins count first and points count second in round robin divisions.
- Ippon = 10 points, Waza-ari = 5 points.
- NO penalties = ALL DIVISIONS. Shidos will be called for instructional / learning purposes only but a player will not receive Hansokumake.
- NO chokes permitted = ALL DIVISIONS.
- NO arm locks permitted = ALL DIVISIONS.
- Golden score = 1 minute.
- Golden score will be used in all divisions.
- Rest periods = 2 minutes.
- The CARE system will not be used.
- Co-ed competition for children 10 years old and younger may occur depending on the number of entries in those divisions.
- White & White/Yellow Belts will be grouped together!
- Yellow Belts will be grouped together!
- White & blue sashes will be used for all competitors.
- All athletes must be in their Judo Gi to receive awards.