Intermountain West Judo Championships
Dec 1, 2023 - Dec 2, 2023 | Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Tournament Director: Adam Blackburn 801-889-5319 & Jeff Poole 901-288-9607
Utah School for the Deaf and Blind
1655 E. 3300 S., Salt Lake City UT 84109
$35.00 for one weight category in one skill division
$10.00 for one weight category in additional skill division (senior categories)
Competitors may only enter one weight category per skill division
- 5 years of age or older on the date of the tournament
- Current registration and membership with either USA JUDO ($17 pro-rated through 2023)
- All competitors must show proof of registration and membership (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- USJI membership will be available online
- ALL REGISTRATION WILL BE ON SMOOTHCOMP
- DEADLINE NOV 30 — NO WALK UPS
Clinic: Age 4 and Up
Friday 6:00 to 8:00 PM with Flor Velázquez 2 X Olympian (See image below) at venue.
- Fri Dec. 1 5:30 to 8:00 PM All athletes (During Clinic)
- Sat. Dec.2 8:00 to 9:00 AM (Remote Weigh in: Call Adam 801-889-5319)
- Juniors: 10:00 a.m.
- Senior: 1:00 p.m.
Medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Medals only awarded in contested divisions. Judo
gi or team warm ups are required for participation in the formal award presentation.
Method of Elimination
- Modified Double Elimination: Five or more competitors (1st place is winner of finals, 2nd place is loser of finals, and 3rd place is winner of consolation bracket).
- Round Robin: We will do as many round robins as possible to create lots of opportunities to fight matches.
- Tie-Breakers: 1st tie-breaker: Win/Loss record, 2nd tie-breaker will be points, 3rd tiebreaker will be head to head
- Junior: 3 minutes
- Senior Novice: 3 minutes
- Senior sankyu/yudansha: 4 minutes