USA Judo International Tournament Criteria/Policies
Effective: January 1, 2020
Athletes must be a current USA Judo member in good standing and must also meet one of the following criteria to qualify to participate in the following International Competitions
Athletes must be on the current Elite Team Roster to qualify for Continental Opens.
• An athlete has the right to petition the USA Judo High Performance committee to attend Continental Opens.
Contact Alex Bates: Alex.Bates@usajudo.us
Grand Prix or Grand Slam
- Finished in top 5 at a Continental Open in the past 4 years
- Must have been a member of the Senior World Team or Senior Pan American Team in the past 2 years
- Finished top 5 in one of the past two Jr. World Championships
- Finished top 7 or higher in a Grand Prix or Grand Slam in the past 4 years or
- Medaled at the Junior Pan American Championships in the past 2 years (Updated October 15, 2021)